I started my new 2011 journal last night, created the title page and, as I chose to ring in the New Year alone at home, I spent the rest of my evening slaying creatures in World of Warcraft (yes... I'm one of THOSE people).
Here is the title page I created:
I have a few crafty goals for this year that I will share with you:
1. Take more pictures!! I'm going to attempt my own version of a 365 Project and take a picture a day for the next year to reflect my life. I plan on scrapbooking these pictures in to an album (yes, I know you can buy the nicely packaged Project Life kit and I've looked at it... it's gorgeous... I just can't afford it so I'm doing my own), which will help with my second goal...
2. Scrapbook 100 pages this year. I will never get my books 'caught up' if I don't actually start working on them, so I plan on accomplishing this goal with the following albums:
3. Take a drawing and/or painting class this year. I've been wanting to do this for a long time.
- my 365 Project album
- my Book of Me album
- my daughter's album (19 years of pictures to scrap there - almost 20)
- my son's album (13 years of pictures there - yikes)
4. Finish my quilted wall hanging... it's going to be gorgeous and I'm procrastinating because I'm scared I'll screw it up, but I need to finish it.
That's all I'm going to commit to for now... I think it's plenty. So, hopefully I will have some interesting things to share with everyone this year as I continue on my art journey. I hope you all have a fantastic 2011 and are wonderfully blessed with many beautiful things in the coming year.