Monday, August 3, 2009

Family Reunion

Also in July my mom, my son and I traveled to Moose Jaw for a family reunion. This was a reunion of some of Scots side of my family and a group of people I got back in touch with thanks to Ancestry.com. I had sent a message to a man about our common relatives only to find out that we were indeed related and there was a reunion coming up!

It was so nice to see family in a place that means so much to me! I saw my Great Aunt Olive, who I haven't seen in probably 20 years and met family that I never even knew about. It was great to hear stories and connect with another family historian. Funny that we travel to Moose Jaw 4 or 5 times a year and never knew all these people were close by.

Lately when we've been going to the farm (which is south of Moose Jaw), if we find ourselves in town we try and do some of the more "touristy" things that you never do when you live in an area. So we went on a trolley tour. It was so very cool to hear more about the history of the city and see some of the historic houses of the Avenues. One of our favourites was the wedding cake house... I can't remember the whole story behind it because so much happened that day except that there used to be two of them. I think it's pretty cool:

Even though it was a whirlwind of a trip (out Friday, back Sunday) it was a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to the next reunion in a few years time. I'm looking forward to a relaxing trip to the farm again soon as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment