Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Poking Around in the Garden

It is such a beautiful night! I decided to take a wander through my garden (around my garden I guess... it's not much).

Picked a few chokecherries this evening. It seems early, but they're starting to get ripe already and if I don't get them the robins will!! (There are still millions up where I cannot reach them so don't worry about the birds too much). I couldn't get a picture of the robins that were scolding me, but I have begun to think there may be a nest just over the edge of my roof. I planning on making some jelly and syrup this summer. YUM! I've had this tree in my yard for 12 years now and never done anything with the berries so it's about time!!



Also, my tomato plants have almost doubled in size so I have let them start flowering so I can get some delicious tomatoes this summer (so excited). I'm hoping I'll have enough to make some salsa, but we'll see.


My clematis are blooming like crazy right now!! They are really late, but they are gorgeous.




I've had a very exciting July, I went on a creative women's retreat as well as a Cairnie family reunion... I will have to write about those adventures another night (soon).

No comments:

Post a Comment